Phormium cookianum 'Black Adder'
Common Name : Black Adder Flax
Phormium Black Adder features striking deep burgundy colour foliage. A perennial flax from New Zealand. It clumps with pendulous, smooth, leathery, strappy, slender, upright, tipped leaves. Grown for its foliage.
- Plant UsesIdeal feature plant for both large containers in the patio area or in the garden. Coastal plantings. Used in flower arrangements.
- Water RequirementsLow water requirement once established.
- Plant availabilityAvailable now
- PositionFull sun to part shade
- Height / Width1m high by 1.5m wide
- CareRemove spent foliage as required and fertilise annually with a long term slow release fertiliser.
- SoilTolerant of many soil types from heavy to light sandy. Premium Potting mix if in a container.