Magnolia grandiflora Teddy Bear
Common Name : Magnolia Teddy Bear
Teddy bear is a very compact grower with an upright, conical habit with small to medium, shiny, dark green oval leaves. The leaf back is reddish brown and heavily felted. When the plants are 3-4 years old they produce flowers from November to May. These lovely fragrant flowers are 150-200mm wide.
- Plant UsesBeautiful screening plant, Excellent as a trimmed hedge, Stunning single feature tree and also Ideal tub plant
- Water RequirementsDeep watering once a week in hot, dry periods and regular watering at other times
- Plant availabilityAvailable now
- PositionGrows best in Full sun, will tolerate part shade
- Height / Width3-4 m high by 1.5-2 m wide in the first 10 years
- CareWater in thoroughly when replanting and add compost to surrounding soil. Mulch in hot months. Fertilise in Spring with a controlled release fertiliser. If needed, prune to shape in Spring before new growth appears.
- SoilPremium Potting Mix, if soil is sandy add compost to the soil