Common Name : African Box
The most popular hedging plant on our nursery. This is an upright, evergreen shrub grown for its glossy, aromatic, dark green foliage. A medium perennial plant which is low maintenance.
- Plant UsesExcellent for hedging, borders, and containers. Perfect look for a formal garden
- Water RequirementsFollow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep extensive root system.
- Plant availabilityAvailable now
- PositionSunny to partly shaded position
- Height / Width1.5m high by 75cm wide
- CareBenefits from regular pruning. Frost hardy. Feed with a general purpose fertiliser before new growth begins in Spring. Protect from cold drying winds
- SoilTolerates a range of soils including coastal areas but thrives in moist well drained soil