Common Name : Clivia
This South African bulb produces strap-like, dark green leaves, is clumping and evergreen, producing beautiful heads of flowers in Winter. Reliable and easy to grow. Most common colour is Orange but Lemon, Scarlet and White flowers are also known. They thrive in shady conditions.
- Plant UsesIdeal groundcover and shady garden specimen under trees. Great in pots under the patio. Stunning when mass planted.
- Water RequirementsLittle water
- Plant availabilityAvailable now
- PositionPart sun to full shade
- Height / Width40cm high, clumps
- CareSlow release fertiliser lightly and regularly from October till Autumn. Applying liquid Potash monthly from December to March will boost the flower quality. Watch out for snails!
- SoilHandles most soil types as long as they are well drained