Common Name : Cousin It
Cousin It is an unusual and extremely tough native ground cover featuring fascinating glaucous green, leafless stems. Cousin it has a spreading cascading habit that makes it perfect for harsh growing conditions where it can grow over unsightly pipes, stumps or any ground obstable with style.
- Plant UsesCoastal and native gardens, slopes, retaining walls, provides good weed supression.
- Water RequirementsDrought tolerant once established
- Plant availabilityAvailable now
- PositionFull sun
- Height / Width10cm high by 1m wide
- CareLight frost tolerant. Responds well to extra moisture and general purpose garden fertilisers, but will also tolerate dry conditions. A light prune will keep the plant looking tidy. If planted in the ground, then little irrigation will be needed.
- SoilAdaptable to most soil types.