Gardenia augusta Florida
Common Name : Gardenia Florida
An evergreen shrub well loved for its wonderful perfumed flowers. This variety produces large, double, milky white flowers above dark green glossy foliage. The flowers arrive early spring and stay over the warmer months.
- Plant UsesGreat for pots near a window where the perfume can be enjoyed. Also good in garden beds, can be planted in a row as a flowering hedge.
- Water RequirementsKeep moist but not wet. Inadequate watering may cause buds to drop off
- Plant availabilityAvailable now
- PositionFull sun to part shade in a warm, sheltered, frost-free position
- Height / Width1m high by 1m wide
- CareLike applications of compost and sheep or cow manure. Need Iron supplements when leaves turn yellow. For rich green foliage apply a regular dose of Epsom Salts
- SoilWell drained humus rich soil