Polygala myrtifolia var. grandiflora
Common Name : Polygala Grandiflora
An evergreen. small shrub from South Africa, with twiggy branches bearing dull green leaves but for several months of the year from late Winter is bears a mass of purple, pea like flowers, so is sometimes known as the sweet pea bush. Fast growing and hardy. An easy care plant with few pests or diseases.
- Plant UsesGood plant for coastal conditions, hot dry exposed areas. Ideal for Shrubberies and Seaside gardens.
- Water RequirementsTolerates periods of dryness once established.
- Plant availabilityAvailable now
- PositionFull sun to part shade
- Height / Width2 m high by 1.5 m wide
- CarePrune after flowering to maintain compact growth.
- SoilWell drained soil